Bilingual Missioner for Health Access & Latino Community Development
Part-time Position Now Open with Abundant Life Ministries
Abundant Life Ministries for Health & Healing is seeking a Missioner who will help expand the reach of our health access ministries among marginalized parts of our wider community, especially our Latino community, and support the work of our Community Nurse and Interns. The Missioner will be a bridge, connecting community members to needed health services and the Nurse, and facilitating the development of local grassroots ministries (Christian cell groups for discipleship, service, and healing ministries) with the Mission Developer.
Compensation: $15,000 annually
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 336-303-1575 for further information on benefits
Abundant Life is a new community affiliated with the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina and in partnership with Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit and other local churches and organizations. We affirm and embrace our neighbors who are refugees and immigrants, of all religions, faiths, sexualities and gender expressions, as we love, serve, and grow together into a more beloved community.
Are you or someone you know looking to serve as part of a creative, responsive, community-oriented team?
Learn more about the position below and contact us with your questions or submit a cover letter and resume BY FEBRUARY 18, 2022.
- Cultivate relationships with new community members during supplies deliveries, home visits, Bible Study/Prayer small groups (virtual and on-sites), and health events
- Identify health access concerns and facilitate connection to Community Nurse (providing interpretation when needed)
- Work with interns to provide insights and facilitate their community engagement
- Participate in Health Ministry Team meetings for planning and reflecting on the work
- Identify gifts and desire to serve among new community members and work with the Mission Developer to help them create new ministries or connect to and enhance ongoing ministries
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Verbal and written communication (in-person, calls, video calls, text-chat, email, creating documents and fliers in Word)
- Background in or be in training for community health work
- Ability to listen to people and invite them into collective projects
- Self-directed worker, ability to work remotely and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize activities and responsibilities as ministry demands shift throughout the calendar year
- Comfort with moving among cultures, build trust and respect with people from different backgrounds, including different religious and intra-Christian experiences
- 60 hours a month (15 hours a week)
- Communicate via Zoom or other video-call technology, email, and onsite meetings as needed, determined by team availability and pandemic circumstances
- Meet monthly (or as needed) with Ministry Team (Nurse, Mission Developer, Deacon, Interns)
- Weekly 30-minute supervisory call with Mission Developer to identify questions and concerns
- Log work and submit a monthly report to Mission Developer (see Letter of Agreement)
Submit resume and cover letter to: abundantlifegso@abundantlifegso
Call or text 336-303-1575 for questions and more information