Are you interested in:
- Body-mind-spirit health and healing work in the community?
- Growing in faith with others whose lives are different from yours?
- Being part of a church community falling in love with neighbors and mutually serving each other?
- Sharing your gifts, and maybe discovering new gifts you didn’t know you had?
- Check out ways you could be a blessing below!
Gathering people | Community development (some contact possible, safe physical distancing, lots of virtual strategies during this pandemic!)
- Facilitate a support group or community workshop on a topic related to health / healing (virtually on Zoom or Facebook Live, or in small outdoor gatherings)
- Help us revive our community garden space
- Help identify gifts and assets among people in our community.
- Practice presence in the neighborhood and extend invitations for events and ministries (always practicing pandemic safety!)
Participating (some contact, safe physical distancing)
- Mondays, Noon – 1:30 PM: Prepare groceries for international families and receive fresh food donations from Food Not Bombs
- Tuesdays, 1 – 3 PM: Help package meals and prepare boxes of groceries to bless and send out
- Tuesdays, 3:30-4:30 PM: Deliver groceries and supplies to a few households across Greensboro, building connections while maintaining physical distancing during this pandemic
- Tuesdays, 4 – 6 PM: Be in community together Bible Study, Open Pantry, and Nurse clinic hours
- Spanish-speakers needed to help coordinate newly forming cell groups among Spanish-dominant neighborhoods
Volunteering (more physically distanced)
- Prepare a 9 x 13″ pan (or 2!) of casserole, pasta, or a veggie side ahead of time
- Collect brown paper bags and boxes 12″ x 24″ and larger for deliveries
- Collect items for our pantry:
– diaper wipes and diapers size 5-6
– feminine hygiene (tampons, pads – various sizes)
– dried beans
– no-salt canned diced tomatoes, corn and peas
– pasta and pasta sauce
– applesauce & low-sugar canned fruit
– peanut butter
OR Text “ALGSO” to (833) 245-5516
Your contribution supports community development, food security through meals and our neighborhood pantry, and connecting people who need health access to services that will improve their well-being. Thank you for supporting our ministry!