Are you interested in:
- Body-mind-spirit health and healing work in the community?
- Growing in faith with others whose lives are different from yours?
- Being part of a church community falling in love with neighbors and mutually serving each other?
- Sharing your gifts, and maybe discovering new gifts you didn’t know you had?
Volunteer (more physically distanced)
- Prepare a 9 x 13″ pan (or 2!) of casserole, pasta, or a veggie side ahead of time
- Collect brown paper bags and boxes 12″ x 24″ and larger for deliveries
- Collect items for our pantry:
– diaper wipes and diapers size 5-6
– feminine hygiene (tampons, pads – various sizes)
– dried beans
– no-salt canned diced tomatoes, corn and peas
– pasta and pasta sauce
– applesauce & low-sugar canned fruit
– peanut butter
Participate (more contact, still distancing)
- Mondays, Noon – 1:30 PM: Prepare groceries for international families and receive fresh food donations from Food Not Bombs
- Tuesdays, 1 – 3 PM: Help package meals and prepare boxes of groceries to bless and send out
- Tuesdays, 3:30-4:30 PM: Deliver groceries and supplies to a few households across Greensboro, building connections while maintaining physical distancing during this pandemic
- Spanish-speakers needed to help coordinate newly forming cell groups among Spanish-dominant neighborhoods
- Facilitate a support group or community workshop on a topic related to health / healing (virtually on Zoom or Facebook Live, or in small outdoor gatherings)
- Offer your expertise in land management, affordable housing, or ecological development as we explore options for using our 11-acre property to amplify Abundant Life’s mission
- Help identify gifts and assets among people in our community.
- Practice presence in the neighborhood and extend invitations for events and ministries (we’re having to be careful about this during the pandemic)
Your contribution supports community development, nutrition access through meals and our neighborhood pantry, and connecting people who need health access to services that will improve their well-being.
Abundant Life collects donations through the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina. Once you click “Donate,” you will need to specify where you would like your gift to go. Select “Specific Church,” and type “Abundant Life” for Church Name and “Greensboro” for Church City.
Thank you for supporting our ministry!